Saturday, April 07, 2007

Everybody Panic!!!!

I had a little wedding panic attack the other day.

It started when I woke up from a wedding nightmare at 7:00 am and couldn't fall back asleep.

Then, around 8 am, I checked my email and The Weather Channel had been kind enough to send me a wedding-day forecast... that included thunderstorms.

Then, I had a bounce-back message from the woman who runs our ceremony site. The email I sent her never arrived. In my experience, a bounced-back email usually means that person doesn't work there anymore.

Then I got a phone call from the Salon. The woman who's been cutting my hair for the last six months-- and who was supposed to style my hair for the wedding-- and who is supposed to cut my hair on Tuesday quit. (I know... you should never get your hair cut the week of the wedding-- but I didn't have a choice-- and I trusted her not to screw it up).

Shit, shit, and shit. Commence panicing.

Things have improved (slightly) since then. For starters, the forecast has changed again-- it now says "mostly sunny" for our wedding day. Of course, the next day it's supposed to rain all day long... so things could change again... and not for the better.

Second, I finally reached the woman at the ceremony site. Apparently, they're updating the website and her email hasn't been working for two weeks. But she's still there-- and the wedding is still on-- weather permitting.

As for my hair.... well.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home