Sunday, July 09, 2006

Diet Dilemma

Cory thinks I'm pissed off at him because he's having trouble staying on his diet. What he doesn't seem to understand is that I'm not pissed off... I'm disappointed, of course... but more than that, I'm worried. He's gained about 40 pounds in the 5 1/2 years we've been dating.

I tell him that the reason I want us to go on a diet is because I want us to both look good for our wedding. After all, if you're going to spend well over a thousand dollars just on pictures... you'd better look damn good.

The truth? I love Cory, but I don't want to marry a ticking time bomb. I worry about enough stupid shit already... I really don't want to have something real to worry about.

On the other hand, I feel like an ass for making him go on a diet in the first place. He's a big boy... he should be able to take care of himself. So on the one hand, I feel like a total nag. On the other hand, I feel like if I don't take care of him... he won't take care of himself.

And yeah, I know he'll probably read this. Maybe then, he'll understand.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, a dilemna I am currently undergoing. Here's what we have been doing as an incentive for us, take a look at older couples (50+) and see what it looks like to be a few pounds overweight. I know you have plenty of those couples to look at down there. Ron and I realized 2 things, the couples with a few extra pounds were not very pretty and they had some physical impairment. Motivation for us!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home