Friday, July 21, 2006

Another Check-Mark

Ok... so it's not really a major wedding accomplishment... but we've purchased a caketopper for our wedding. A minor purchase, but a major decision. Here's why:

I love weddings. Actually, that's not really true. I love wedding receptions. Weddings themselves (and their receptions, too) are filled with traditions that I find cheesy. Like the "unity candle." Or a cake with a little bride and groom on top of it.

I thought of being a smart-ass... and either getting a really tacky bride and groom (like this pair of frogs) , or a bizarre one (What is wrong with this couple?) or one that would just confuse people (like an African-American couple).

We actually managed to find something we like on Wedding Accessories.net. We ordered it last week, and it arrived a couple of days ago. After seeing it close-up, the quality isn't exactly what I was hoping for... but it'll do. And at least it isn't frogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home