Friday, March 02, 2007

They Come In Threes, You Know

Last night, I started addressing envelopes. Since we don't have the actual invitations yet (see below), we really can't assemble the invitations yet, but at some point the curiosity got to me, and I had to look at all of our invitation stuff.

I've always been like that. When I was a teenager, If I bought a record at the store, I'd open it the second we got in the car. Jan would always look at me like I was retarded. After all, you couldn't play the album in the car. But I had to look inside-- see if there were any liner notes, or song lyrics, or fun pictures on the record liner. I just couldn't wait.

So, I'm digging through the stuff... and Snag #3 appears.

You know those cute little envelopes that come with the response cards? The ones that (when you get an invitation), you stick the response card into the pre-addressed envelope, and drop it into a mailbox? The phenomenally convenient little envelopes?

Instead of printing our address on the front of the envelopes, so that people can conveniently mail them back to us... the printers put the address on the back flap of the envelope, as though it were a return address.

So, another call was made. And once again, the customer service was fantastic. We had it resolved within about 30 seconds, and she said they're going to be shipped out today.

While I was on the phone with her, I asked about the problem invitations and whether the replacements had been shipped yet. She looked it up, and sure enough, they were shipped out yesterday-- less than 24 hours after we had called to complain.

I don't know how I feel about this company. On the one hand, they screwed up our invitations twice... and that's pretty bad. But on the other hand, the customer service has been outstanding-- both times, we've been ready for a fight... and both times, they surprised us by taking care of it immediately.

So anyway, that's snag #3. The wedding is six weeks and a day away-- and the stress level is slowly rising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home