Sunday, May 01, 2005

Dressy Dilemma

I feel the need to preface this post by saying that I know we haven't even set a date yet... so I really shouldn't be worrying about this.

Ok, so here's the dilemma. I was killing time tonight, waiting for Cory to get home from the Braves game, and I started perusing the wedding dresses on EBay. So I found one that I really, really, really like. Thus the dilemma.

The wedding is, at best, probably two years down the road. And yet, I'm wondering whether or not to buy a gown over the internet. See, here's the thing. The dress is (currently) less than $50. And it's exactly what I've been thinking about. I'm not attaching a link, because the groom reads this blog, and I'm supersitious.

So, is it worth it to buy a $50 wedding dress... despite the fact that it might not even fit or flatter me? Keep in mind, everyone has to have their wedding dress altered... so "fit" isn't nearly as much of an issue as "flatter." If it looks ugly in person, or if I find something I like more at a later date, I could probably re-sell it for about the same price. And if it looks nice, then hell's bells, I got a wedding dress on the cheap.

On the other hand, 50 bucks is 50 bucks, right?

Please, throw in your two cents.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh definately buy it. Of course, unless it's that one from the other day with all the oh-so lovely pearls and little else. :)

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy the dress - and if you don't like it, blame it on the Braves! (Says the Cardinals Fan)

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO for it, what's $50 if you love it? Or if you don't?

The cool part is-it will be a good wayto keep yourself in check and not gain any weight over the next few years! HAHA.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home